Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First blog!



Things are pretty normal around here. We had a great Halloween. Nathan was a dragon, Skyler a Knight in shining armor, and I was a princess. It turned out really great and everyone loved the costumes and themes. We even won TWO contests for our costumes! I made Skyler's costume so I was pretty proud of myself since it was an award winning costume. But really, I'm sure we won because Nathan is so cute and looked adorable (I mean ferocious) as a dragon.












We also had a great time carving pumpkins, even though Nathan was more interested in the tools than in carving. He did like to play in the pumpkin guts, though. For some reason he thought it was hilarious.








In September Nathan had a minor surgery. He was so cute in his pajamas that were way too big for him. He was so brave and did so well. (A lot better than I did). When he woke up the nurse said that he was the best baby of the day! I can't tell you how good it felt to walk into the recovery room and hear his little voice!























Nathan found a little toy piano and sat right down just like he was going to play a song!














He was still really out of it and tired when he woke up. He just layed on me for almost an hour.



Nathan is getting so "big" now. He is big to me but really he is still pretty small. He is 15 months old and just barely switching over to 9-12 month clothes. I love it though. It is so cute to see such a tiny thing walking around the house. Plus, we get our money's worth with clothes since he wears each size for about 6 months! He's walking really well and becoming a lot more animated and talking a lot. His personality comes out more and more each day. He loves to laugh and he bring so much joy into our lives.



8 comments:

  1. You made Nathan's costume?! AMAZING! Did you get a pattern or just come up with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan's costume is adorable! That's so AWESOME that you made it! And he did look adorable in his little hospital pjs :) I'm glad everything went well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little guy is so cute! Love the costumes! I'm glad you're blogging now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I miss you guys. It seems everyone thinks you made that super awesome dragon costume. Maybe their right, but I understood that you made Skylar's, which is even more awesome. I just want you to get the credit you deserve. I love your costumes! You better come to next Los party! We missed you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I made Skyler's costume but I didn't make Nathan's. I wish I was that talented! His is store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...Emily he is the cutest little guY! It is crazy that you have a baby, well I guess he's a toddler now. I'm so sorry that he had to have surgery, I can't imagine how hard that was on you just waiting for him to get done. I'm glad it all went well. Costumes are great, and even better that you won awards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the blog! Costumes- awesome. You're hair-freakin hot. Nathan- sooooo adorable. I can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the costumes, those were great! Your hair is getting long, I like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete